Monday, June 24, 2013

Google Replacements -- Check it out

I have been asked to research Google Reader replacements.  I have not been using Google Reader but it will be closed as of July 1.  It was a news feeder that allowed you to follow all of your blogs and new feeds in one place.

I have found several links that I will share with you.  I have not checked out any of these products and do not endorse any of them.  You can read and make up your mind based on the products that you use.  Iphone and Android can or may use different apps. The products may support different browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10.  The operating system for your computer may also come into play. Some products work better with Windows 7 or 8.

This one on Google Reader replacements was just posted on June 20th.   Read the comments section to find out more information but these products are mentioned:  Feedly, Hivereader.com, diggreader.com and Reeder.

Another post from June 17th has a little more information about the future of Google Reader.  It might be "refurbished" and included with Google+ so you might see it again.  Flipboard is mentioned as well as Feedly and Reeder.

I am currently using Bloglovin'  to follow some of my blogs.  The blog writer must sign up for the service and I must admit that I have yet to do that.  Maybe sometime this week......

Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!