Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hatched in Africa -- Chosen Site of the Day

I originally bought a Bernina 820 because I did not want to get involved in machine embroidery.  I knew what would happen if I got involved -- I would fall in love with it.  Well, when I went to the New User training for my 820 -- guess what??  I fell in love with the 830 so I had to trade.  Luckily, Shirley at Sew Original was kind and forgiving and allowed me to trade up.  What a joy machine embroidery has become!
(Of course, I fell in love with it.)

Hatched in Africa did a trunk show right after I bought my 830 at Sew Original and they are planning to come back this summer.  If you machine embroider and have never used their designs, you have really missed something.

The designs stitch out beautifully and they have designs for everyone.  Check out the new designs -- they have applique, quilting, modern, contemporary, owls, red work, color work, glorious butterflies, in the hoop, free standing lace  -- you name it, you can find it.

Check out the free stuff  -- here and here.  There are free project directions as well as embroidery designs to download.  They also have a Yahoo group where you can get more free designs and give them feedback on what to design.

There are $5 design sets  -- check out #2355 -- applique duck set -- TOO cute!  You can find 3D embroidery.    #2213 Christmas 3D Poinsettia is gorgeous.  

I absolutely LOVE the butterflies -- not so much the BUGS.  They stitch out wonderfully and there are all kinds whether you like the swirls or standard butterflies, you can find something that appeals to you.

I am currently working on  embroidering table runners for the wedding of a friend's niece.  I am using the Country Garden 3 and Just Daisies for the designs.  The material is VERY lightweight gingham and after I hooped with 2 types of stabilizer - tear away medium and sticky back medium along with decreasing the bobbin tension, they have stitched out like a dream.  Here is a picture. I am trying to make the designs all different because her family wants to make a quilt out of them.  It will be stunning!



The patchwork designs are special too.  It is quilting for your embroidery!

I have received an email from Sew Original with news that Hatched in Africa plans to do another trunk show this summer.  They have great specials and discounted prices during the trunk show along with wonderful samples.  If you love machine embroidery, I encourage you to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!