Sunday, February 17, 2013

My neice and nephew down the hill.......

My neice and her husband live "down the hill" from us.  My husband has had knee replacement two times on the same knee during the past 3 years.  They have fed his hunting dogs, cleaned the dog lots, mowed the yard and have generally been a great help to us.  I also use their swimming pool in the summer like it's mine.  And they keep my poodle - Lambchop - when we go out of town and can't take her with us.  I decided to make quilts for them and finally got all of them finished. 

This is the one that I gave to my neice and her husband along with 2 pillow cases.



This is the one plus a pillow case that I gave to their daughter.  She has made jewelry for me and helped me in lots of other ways.  She is particularly fond of Lambchop and the feeling is reciprocal. 

 
 
 
 
This is the one that I gave to their son.  He has mowed and weed-eated and picked up dog poo and done lots of things to help my husband.  He is also an Eagle Boy Scout so it is a Scout-based quilt.
 

It was a great feeling to get all of these done and given to them.  Particularly when my Bernina 830 was gone to visit Chicago for 10 weeks!  (due to a stitching problem.) 

Many thanks and much love to the family that live "down the hill" from us. 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!