Friday, February 15, 2013

Eleanor Burns' Braid in A Day


I bought the Braid in a Day pattern several months ago and have just left it in a pile.  Sewingly Yours is having a class right now taught by one of my favorite teachers - Ellen. Due to another commitment, I missed  the first class last Monday.  I am catching up and here are my braids. 
 
I was surprised with how quickly it went together.  In about 2 hours, I cut the units and sewed them together making 3 braids for a lap size quilt.  I took 14 jelly roll strips.  In Monday's class, we will do the strip framing and add the borders.  This pattern is definately a keeper.  It's fast and looks more complicated than it is.  There is very little waste with the braids.  What a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!