Monday, December 10, 2012

Slowly moving down Easy Street

I am continuing to work on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt called EASY STREET.  Click on this LINK to see everyone's progress this week.

Step one is finished.

Step Two is in process.  I used Jodi Barrow's Square in A Square Ruler to do the flying geese.  I am still cutting them apart.  I probably have about 40 left to do.  Should have them done by Friday. 

Step Three is finished BUT I used aqua instead of purple for the square.  My printer was out of magenta so the purple printed like aqua.  I did not READ the directions -- just looked at the pictures which did not print in the proper colors.  I may leave it or I may do more with the right colors depending on where the blocks actually land in the quilt.  I used the Square in a Square Ruler - Option 11 for this step also.  My blocks are a little large.  I took a scant 1/4 inch and probably should not have.  I will be able to cut them down to make them work. 











Since Inklingo directions have been posted, I might try more blocks using those directions and the purple square.  I can use the "wrong" ones on the back side. 

Here are the blocks for Step Two and Step Three.  I love the aqua color that I had.  I made all of the blocks out of the same fabric. The square is a solid batik and the triangles are a batik with green, yellow, and pink. 



I am really enjoying reading other people's blogs.  There are some talented people out there!  Travel on, Easy Street! 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you have everything organized. I've been trying to figure out how to keep my pieces neat and pressed while in waiting. Your pieces look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your batik is so beautiful and restful. You also have some great black and whites too. Can't wait to see how your quilt turns out!

    ReplyDelete

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!