Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fastest Baby Quilt EVER!

My daughter was home last week and needed a baby quilt for a friend.  She had seen a pink one that I had made. She was planning to give it to her friend.  Problem was -- I had already donated it as a charity quilt.  SO....  we tried to figure out what to do.  We looked at the flannel that I had and decided to make a strip RAG quilt.  With the two of us working, we got this thing finished in about an hour.  I made 4 1/2" to 6 1/2" strips with 3 layers of flannel in each strip.  I cut the strips and my daughter quilted down the middle of each one.  She then sewed the strips together. We both snipped the edges and in about an hour, we were finished!  We washed it and dried it and it was sufficiently "raggy."  It is about 36" by 40".  Yes, the strips are varied sizes.  It's my try at "wonky" modern quilting! 



  

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! It would make a great quilt for the elderly too!

    ReplyDelete

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!