Monday, December 3, 2012

Continuing on Easy Street

I worked on Easy Street today.  Got the 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles cut out.  I downloaded the Inklingo pdf for the triangles but decided that I did not want to try something new on this project.  I ended up using Jodi Barrows' method and her Square in a Square ruler.  I have all of the blocks and strips cut out and two of the 4 strips sewn on to the blocks.  Have to press tomorrow and then sew on the other two strips.  After that, I'll use the ruler and cut each block into 2 precise geese.  It is fast and very easy to do. 
Here is a copy of the book that I used to get the proper measurements along with a block with the 4 strips sewn on. 



This is the 2 test geese laying on top of the ruler. 

If you have never tried this method, I suggest that you give it a try.  I'll try to finish up tomorrow in time for the linky!  Travel EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!