Sunday, October 21, 2012

How to add a pin to Pinterest from a Samsung Galaxy S3


I have looked all over the Internet to figure out how to pin from my phone.  I took information from 3 different websites to figure it out.  Here are the step by step directions.  My phone is an Android-based (Ice Cream Sandwich) Samsung Galaxy S3 but I think it would work the same way with all Android phones.

The first thing to do is download the Pinterest app from the Google Play store.


Install Pinterest to your phone. 


After it is installed, using the web browser go to the website that you want to pin. 



You now want to go to "Share Page" on the Android. The way to do it on the Galaxy S3 is to touch the icon in the lower left bottom corner.  There should be a selection to "Share Page."   (Sorry about the glare.)   


Touch "Share Page" and another window will pop up with the pinnable images on the website.  

Touch the image that you want to pin and another window will open. Touch "Create Pin."  

Your Pinterest account should open.  If not, you will have to login to your account.  Select the proper board and touch "Pin It."


On the Galaxy S3, watch at the top of the screen.  It will say "Pinning" and then "Pinning Successful." Here it is pinned on my board.  See the far upper left corner.  

I am an AVID Pinterest pinner so I had to have access to pinning on my phone.  Now when I am waiting in line somewhere or riding in the car ( NOT driving, of course), I can spend my time PINNING!  

There is a link on my blog to follow me on Pinterest.  Happy Kwilting and Pinning!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I've just gotten my samsung galaxy 3 and was rather confused as to how to use the pin it button for Pinterest.This cleared it up! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the info, I'm so happy that now I can pin from my S3.. your explanation is so useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Learning is so much easier with help.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    One homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! Worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so helpful. I have a Galaxy 4 abd this workd very well. Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete

All positive comments and constructive suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Happy Kwilting!